We’re committed to easy access for everyone
Celiasrestaurants.com is committed to making our website as accessible as possible to people with special needs, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive and motor impairments. We're constantly working towards improving the accessibility of our website to ensure we provide equal access to all of our users.
As part of our commitment to accessibility, we ensure that our website is compatible with:
- Recent versions of popular screen readers
- Operating system screen magnifiers
- Speech recognition software
- Operating system speech packages
We always make sure that our website follows accessibility best practices by following the principles of universal design. This ensures the site is flexible and adaptable to different users’ needs or preferences and is accessible through a variety of different technologies, including mobile devices or assistive technologies.
During the development phase, we endeavor to follow WebAIM’s Principles of Accessible Design and also try to help improve the accessibility of our website for users with disabilities by:
- Retaining the ability to adjust the font size
- Maintaining color/contrast ratios for text
- Providing keyboard accessible navigation
- Providing skip to content links at the top of the page
- Exposing information to the accessibility API through the use of ARIA attributes
We also monitor the accessibility of Nature.com through the internally maintained tool Pa11y.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
Wherever possible, the Celiasrestaurants.com site will adhere to level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0). These guidelines outline four main principles that state that sites should be:
- Perceivable - Information and user interface components must be presentable to users in ways they can perceive
- Operable - User interface components and navigation must be operable
- Understandable - Information and the operation of user interface must be understandable
- Robust - Content must be robust enough that it can be interpreted reliably by a wide variety of user agents, including assistive technologies
Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT)
As part of our commitment to accessibility, we provide a VPAT document, which evaluates the accessibility of a product according to the Section 508 Standards.
If you would like to request accessibility-related assistance, report any accessibility problems, or request any information in accessible alternative formats, please use one of the methods on our contact us page.
To help us assist you with any issues you have, it is recommended that you read the WAI’s Contacting Organisations about Inaccessible Websites, and provide the information advised in your request.